Friday, December 22, 2006

We're Walking in the Air, We're Floating in the Mosquito Infested Sky...

Well, I hoped to have something far more creative to say in the run up to Christmas, but horrible letter-writing, egg incubating and flight-booking stress (for our planned leave in January) have drained me. Hang on... I'll put on some Christmas music... that usually helps...

...That's better. In answer to a few people's questions, no, we're going to be here in lovely Wako-Kungo for Christmas and we probably won't be back in the UK much before March. Outside it's crystal clear all the way to the mountains, through the mountains, and into every cavern and valley. The sunlight is sharp and breaking the dust-clouds at the foot of the hills where the heat sends them up from the rocks. Meanwhile I'm listening to Alled Jones and trying to imagine a boy and a snowman soaring over Wako-Kungo... It's not really working... No, it's really not Christmassy enough here...



Meanwhile, I'm onto Christmas tree number 2! The Christmas eucalyptus tree died! Mainly thanks to Pandora chewing her way around it, starting firts with the leaves, then breaking into the branches and then finally having a go at its trunk! It did not make it to Christmas! SO... we have an even better solution: Eran went up to the old house - I still don't have the courage to go there - and cut a big branch from a tree which isn't an evergreen from its trunk, but it's branches in isolation from its trunk look surprisingly like Christmas trees... It's a bit hard to explain... So we've stuck that in a pot and decorated that instead... I'll post pictures at some point...

I'm putting drudgery behind me, for Christmas, and hopefully for the New Year too - (that would be nice!) - and writing again. I'm kind of excited about it. So I've been surfing again, looking for Christmas creativity, to get myself more in a Christmassy mood, since the weather isn't helping me with that, and stumbled across this:



I still haven't worked out to do proper hyperlinks yet, where you can click on the site's link through the pic - that'll be a new year's resolution - so this will have to do for now:

  • Electric December


  • It's a Christmas initiative - an online advent calendar - made by some of the combined Child Services organisations in Bristol (my home town), two of which me and my family have been involved with: Connexions - which is a nationwide organisation helping to reintegrate and train teenagers with problems (often school-exclusion cases, but also special needs, like my brother) to find work, and also ChildLink which is the summer playschemes and respite care that I worked on every summer for 5 years, and my brother attended, and now also works on himself. So I thought it was a really sweet site as it was, and extra nice that its contributers and its intentions are so close to home...







    Turbo Tagger

    No comments: